Thursday, 29 August 2013

International football team supporting - by A Man Who Supports a team

 For many years I have supported the great and wonderful team of Lancashire, The Reds Man of Manchester Club United.

Although I was born in Ireland and grew up in a tenement building in the rough snowy back streets of East Harlem, Dublin, I have always felt at one with the men of The Red Devil Men of Manchester Club United. Even just down to the colour of the kit – red - you see I have always liked the colour red.

I can remember being a young 18 month old watching a then on 16 Alfred Charlton dashing down the wing with breath-taking vim and vigour. Or when I was just a lad of 6 watching Gerald Best kicking the ball far down the field and then run after it also with breath-taking vim and vigour.

And then in the later years when the group took on a more continental feel and I was finishing my Phd in writing stuff I revelled in the skill and vim and vigour of Peter Cantona. I also like other players that did football with The United Red Men of Manchester Club.


I now live in London where a lot of people support clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham some of these people don’t live near Arsenal, Chelsea, or Tottenham.

No comments:

Post a Comment